Julian Peña

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Reminisce: Downtown Block Party 2011

In an effort to build a better web presence for my art business, I searched my name under Google (don't we all out of curiosity's sake lol?). Among common searches about my previous solo show at The Mix in Tacoma, WA called CMYK, I came across my credits (and my partner's) on the Downtown Block Party page. Though it is nothing spectaculer to post about, I wanted to look back at that experience. We helped out on the painting of the street mural on wooden plywood so the community can paint and contribute to the overall mural. It was a great idea and very engaging (community-wise, which was what the Downtown Block Party was all about). It was a fun experience and already excited for next year's downtown Block Party. The Mix provided the beer garden (a wonderful gay-friendly bar in downtown Tacoma). I painted many children's faces with acrylic paint. Anything from flowers to smiley faces to animals. Overall, it was very refreshing to see the community get together and support the arts and local businesses.

http://www.dtownttownneighbors.com/
Downtown Tacoma Block Party scene
Downtown Tacoma Block Party: Me drawing with chalk on the concrete. Great times!
Downtown Tacoma Block Party: My live painting booth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback?

My DeviantArt

PSDDude Photoshop Tutorials